Our trip to the zoo was really fun, and we had a great picnic. I think I may have sweat the most I've ever in my life...we were literally drenched...I mean SOAKED!
By the time we finished our meal the sun was going down, but it was still very hot. (The first four pictures are from the evening at the zoo)
Last weekend was a little rough for me spiritually. I have been seeing how the enemy has a hold of this world, especially this region. He has been trying to mess with my mind, and last weekend was overwhelming at times. He tried to tempt to think things that were untrue about myself and very hurtful, and at times I felt very weak and wanted to give up, but I found strength in Him and encouragement through others. An was wonderful to have around to work through some of these issues, and I got to hang out with my friend that is from Houston. We got to go out to the mall one evening after the kids went to bed. It was so cool to talk, laugh and share with her. We felt like we had been friends for years. Very encouraging to spend time with her! Too bad she has left to go back to TX, but I'm glad she's only a drive away, when i get back. (The next few pics are from when we went to the mall...the place comes alive at night. So many families and performers and people in costumes to entertain the children. I got a few shots of people in costumes that are traditional dress here, and some of us riding an indoor gondola).
D's back from the US, and it was like Christmas here. I even got my little package from home, which was so exciting and encouraging for me. Now that he's back, I've had the chance to help out the neighbors with their kids too. Thursday morning I helped a family from 10-4 b/c the mom had just seemed to be having a rough time and probably could have used a little help. Then I came home for an hour nap, and headed two doors down two babysit while the parents went on a date. Busy, busy! But it was fun!
Last night we had a neighborhood movie night down at the clubhouse and watched Cars...great movie! It was a great chance for two new families that moved into the compound the day before to get to meet some neighbors. (Last three pictures are from the movie night).
Today I helped An make baby food...apparently it's an old recipe...Mom used it for us. But we put fruits and veggies in the blender (not mixed, mind you) and freeze them in ice cubes to use later. Learning lots around here!
Okay, so this wasn't really brief at all...but I hope the pictures were entertaining at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment