Saturday, August 9, 2008

getting ready

Not much exciting has happened recently. Yesterday was a fun day. After church, the Hinton's (neighbors) took me out to lunch at Bennigan's. Later we went to their house to play with their new electric piano. I ended up giving them a piano lesson to three of them. I was very impressed at the speed they picked things up, and I really enjoyed teaching a little. (I'm glad that the little I know was enough for me to help). They want me to come over often to finish teaching Pachelbel's Canon before I leave on the 19th.
Got my visa renewed with absolutely NO problems at all. I expected a few hiccups in the process, waits in line, having to give proof of everything they could possibly ask for...but all they asked for was my passport and credit card and I was in and out. PTL!
Today for breakfast, the Daniel's (hosting family) took the family and me to delicious breakfast at "Ric's Country Kitchen." SOOOOO yummy!!! HUGE American breakfast. Yummy sausage, tasty bacon, blueberry pancakes...all those things you don't find easily around here. :)
In about and hour, I'm going to go with Michelle (neighbor) on a guided desert safari. It goes from 2.30-9.30pm. I imagine I'll come back pretty exhausted. I'll have to post pictures of it in the next few days. I'm really looking forward to this!!!

YAY! Finally, that was brief!

No comments: