Sunday, August 10, 2008

new sights for these eyes

I felt like I was in a movie. The safari was such a thrill!!! Before the safari got started, when we were waiting for the other three cars to arrive, I got to ride a camel. That was a cool experience; I had a blast.
On the trip, we drove in 4x4 vehicles south of Doha, into the Qatari desert as if on an exciting roller-coaster trip over the sand dunes, inland, but at times along the sea. We stopped twice for 10 min-breaks by the water. At the second stop, we could see mountains of Saudi Arabia across the water. Before sunset, we finally stopped at a beach and were able to wade. The beach was beautiful, clean and clear water. We had a BBQ dinner at a Bedouin Camp that was set up. Delicious food! The ride back was at night and very exciting!!! (I'm a bit sore in my neck and back from being rocked around so much...thank goodness for ibuprophen!...but no holding kids for me today)
I'm going to put a map of Qatar up...I'm guessing we drove down from Doha for about and hour to Umm Sa'id, where the asphalt ended and the thrill began(where the camels were).

Here's a link you can go to to see an album of pictures I took yesterday:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2567098&l=475dc&id=8347472

I'll try to get some videos on here as soon as I figure that out.

No comments: