This morning I woke up early and came to work with Dar (Texas A&M Qatar. It has been really cool getting to walk around here, it's like a different school, yet it has pictures of the Aggie Ring, and logos and stuff throughout that kind of make me feel a bit like at home. It's a little weird feeling. After Dar showed me around, he went to his office to get some work done, and I just walked around to take pictures. I walked down by Student Affairs because they had some interesting posters and stuff, and I guess my look of curiosity was taken for a look of confusion when someone asked me if she could help me. I explained who I was, what I was doing here, mentioning that I go to TAMU-College Station. In conversation, I asked her if there was a way I could get my hands on a TAMUQ t-shirt to take with me. She hooked me up with one of her co-workers who not only gave me a tee, but a water bottle. Then I walked down a few offices and saw one of the guys that lives in the same compound as us, and he gave me a bag that they give the freshman for their New Student Orientation, which is going on now. So I scored a few freebies (side bag, memory stick, water bottle, planner, pens, little office kit, etc.) I was really excited...pays to be an Aggie! Dar and I were joking because I did better on my own than he could get his hands on...just said the right things to the right people.
After eating lunch here in his office, our friend Rob (also a neighbor) invited us to come to the "cave." It is this room with a large panoramic screen where we watched digital animation with 3D goggles. It was sooooo cool!!! We saw simulation of a hospital bedroom (architecture), a few molecules (science), a piece of land with oil and water wells (engineering), and then for fun the guy put on one of a roller coaster...I really felt like I was on one. The guys were getting a bit queasy. I would have done it again, I really felt like I was riding one!
So tomorrow's the weekend! I can't believe I leave on Tuesday...time has FLOWN!







No comments:
Post a Comment