Sunday, August 24, 2008

it's "summer" in the UK

I arrived in London on Tuesday. To be honest, many thoughts were going through my mind when my friends weren't there to pick me up. Considering who they were, I gave them plenty of time...but it was almost an hour before utter relief took over. Then began the journey to Katy's friend's house in St. Alban's...a couple of trains, a bus and a little walk and we were there. It's been so great to be with Katy and Jenny again after so long. We've spent much time talking, laughing, singing, reminiscing...having a good time. Lots of sight-seeing and train riding. Never have I ridden so many trains in my life!
Here are some things we've done since I arrived, followed by pictures:
Wednesday 20th
-Visited Cambridge: walked around, went punting up and down the river
-Went to a BBQ with some of Katy's friends
Thursday 21st
-Relaxed all morning
-Visited St. Alban's and Hatfield (went to the park, Waffle House, Galleria)
Friday 22nd
-Sight-seeing in London (Thames, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Science Museum, Green Park and Buckingham Palace)
-Had the famous fish and chips for lunch
-At Buckingham Palace we got to see them preparing for the Olympic Hand-off Ceremony
Saturday 23rd
-Went back to London to visit Rachel (older sister) and her boyfriend Jon
-Traveled from London to Bangor, in northern Wales
I thought it was interesting that on the day of the first anniversary of my grandfather's passing, I stepped foot in Wales, where his father was from. (Dad, it's quite beautiful around here...wish you could be here with me!)
Sunday 24th
-Church
-napped and relaxed...running around London and walking all over Bangor with our rucksacks gets kind of tiring after a while

Things are going well. I'm enjoying my time!!! So glad I came. I'll do my best to put up a few more pictures and updates soon. I've just booked my ticket to Paris for my orientation on September 1st. Time is flying!















No comments: