Well, I'm pretty much packed, but it wasn't too hard, when I don't have to pick and choose what to take. Just fit it all in strategically. Tomorrow my flight leaves at 10.45am, and I arrive in London 6.15pm (UK time). Looking forward to seeing good friends makes it a little easier to say goodbye to friends here...but I'm still sad to go.
Monday, August 18, 2008
goodbye-ing again
Michelle had us all over for a breakfast send-off for me. It was good to be with them all one last time. Got to play with the kids this afternoon, pack some, and after dinner, Michelle and I went to go get henna done on our legs. So pretty. It's still cracking off, so the only picture I have is half-way there (and the ones from when I was getting it done). Had a wonderful experience at the "Saloon" (that's what they call "salons"). A girl from Yemen was so sweet and tried to talk to us with the little English she knew. And while we were waiting for the henna to dry, a Qatari woman began to talk to us. It was so interesting! She was so friendly, and I got to learn much about the culture. We were very surprised, first time I've ever held a conversation with a Qatari.
Well, I'm pretty much packed, but it wasn't too hard, when I don't have to pick and choose what to take. Just fit it all in strategically. Tomorrow my flight leaves at 10.45am, and I arrive in London 6.15pm (UK time). Looking forward to seeing good friends makes it a little easier to say goodbye to friends here...but I'm still sad to go.








Well, I'm pretty much packed, but it wasn't too hard, when I don't have to pick and choose what to take. Just fit it all in strategically. Tomorrow my flight leaves at 10.45am, and I arrive in London 6.15pm (UK time). Looking forward to seeing good friends makes it a little easier to say goodbye to friends here...but I'm still sad to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment