Wednesday, July 23, 2008

everyday's a new day

Tuesday morning, on our way to a gymnastics academy An wanted to check out for the kids, we stopped at a sort of camel farm. I stepped out of the car for a few minutes...into the HEAT!...to take pictures while everyone else stayed in the AC. A neighbor family that came with us got out of their car with me. After getting a few shots, sweating a bit (already!), and smelling and hearing the camels, their caretakers wanted us to take pictures with them. They were fascinated with the little blond girls and were asking where we were from. An thinks that if i didn't have a promise ring on my finger...I would have had a few of those men interested in proposing. I think they were puzzled when I said I was from "Amerikia." When I got back in the car, the kids were complaining that I smelled bad...like camel...haha! Even after only being out for like 3 mins!
After checking out the gymnastics academy, we went grocery shopping, and guess what we saw...BLUE BELL ice cream!!! Incredible!
We finished the afternoon by going to the pool to cool off a bit before dinner. It's so nice to go swimming...once the sun hides behind the buildings.
Tonight were going with two neighbor families to the zoo, where we'll have a picnic in a park too. I'll put up some pictures from the evening up later. For now, here are some from yesterday.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Blue Bell in Qatar! It is hard to believe. It is also hard to believe you are so far away.
We miss you and love you!

mom and dad too!