Sunday, July 20, 2008

quite a day!

Well, yesterday was quite an eventful day from the get-go. I woke up early because we had planned to meet two of the neighbor families for breakfast at this restaurant that supposedly has delicious blueberry pancakes and bacon that tastes real (b/c pork isn't allowed here). However, before the morning got started, Cy had an accident and fell from the shelf, hitting his head on the window ledge. Ang and I got pretty scared as we saw much blood coming out of his cut. I called a neighbor to come over and take a look at him while we kept pressure on it. He came and checked it out and saw that it wasn't an open wound, so he didn't think stitches were needed. So we decided to stay home and keep a close eye on him as he took it easy.
After a few hours, I took a taxi (my first time here) b/c I had to go meet up with the girl from Houston that I had met b/c she left her phone in the car when we went to the beach. So I met with her and her friends from Sam Houston State University that are here studying Arabic with her. We met at a mall, they had just finished eating at the food court, so some of us grabbed some ice cream and then hung out and talked at Starbucks. Some of the girls went back to the compound and I walked around the mall, talking with my friend Amy. I got to go to their compound and see their villa. I even got to try on a hibayah (traditional dress from here) that one of the girls had bought. It was so nice to be with college girls again...just a change from coloring books and booster chairs and Disney channel. :)
Since Ang couldn't leave the house, some of the neighbors were going to pick me up...they had to go to that mall anyway b/c their youngest daughter decided to give herself a haircut...so they needed to get that fixed. So I had dinner with them and then got to go to the children's barber shop. It was really fun getting to share with them...actually, an answer to a prayer not yet made. I was wishing for a chance to hang out with them and even share a meal, but I hadn't made that request known yet to my Father, and yet "Before they call, I will answer. While they are still speaking I will hear."
I came home and Cy had been doing better. I was glad to hear no emergencies while I was gone. A bit worried about that...but I had to get away to give my friend her phone. But all is well and he's doing fine today. Please continue to lift us up, for our health and safety and for the kids to be good as they miss Dad.

Here are a few pics of me in the hibayah...do I look like I could fit in around here?




1 comment:

SMD said...

I think this is a good look. You should get one of these to wear often. Only when it's cold ofcourse, because it looks like it might be too warm for the summer. The sunglasses do give it a little 'sumthin extra', so the it might be a good idea in summer as well. The options are seemingly endless. The mind boggles.