I've been trying to sit down and write this next post for so long, but the end of the semester has hit, and everything leading up to it gave me plenty to handle. The semester quickly came to the close and I am officially done with my junior year, WHOOP! I can't believe that I just have one year left at A&M...crazy!
As crazy as this semester has been, yet again, it has been so amazing and I had a wonderful time. School was really tough, and I'm glad to be done. Bible study with my girls was really awesome. I learned so much and I feel like they each did too. We got the chance to hang out more toward the end of the semester, which was quite fun. Work has been going well. I've been getting increasingly closer to friends I've met in college. All around great things in my life.
As if that were all, there is so much more to count as blessings in my life. Since I have been back from Mexico, I have found out that my host-family have all trusted Christ, and about a month ago, they all were baptized. How exciting! I'm so proud of them, and so blessed to have been a part of that ministry. What a treat! This summer, God has allowed for me the opportunity to return for a month to minister to them and to others in the church, while just hanging out and living with them again! I can't wait to celebrate their new life with them in person!
When I return to Texas, I hope to have some good family time before I leave about two weeks later for a month and a half in Qatar. This should be a thrill! I will be staying with a family that I have known for almost nine years. They used to live here in College Station, where I would visit their house at least once a week, maybe five times. I got to babysit the kids growing up, and during my first two years of college, Angie was my mentor, and we were able developed an even more solid friendship.
After my stay there, helping with the kids, and catching up with Angie et al. I'll be flying to London to see at least three of my good friends that I knew in Costa Rica. I'm so excited about getting to spend two weeks with those sweet girls! And I can't wait to hear their lovely accents again (and tease them about them too). It will definitely be a treat to be with them and remember our good times in Costa Rica.
Starting September, I will begin my semester abroad at the Centre Universitaire d'Études FranÇaises (CUEF), in Grenoble, South East France. I will be studying there until my return to Texas in December. All this traveling is so exciting and scary all at once. But it is just proof of God's greatness in my life.
And one more blessing I must add before I finally conclude this post, I'm going to be an aunt to a precious baby BOY!!!! Daniel and Amber just found out today what the sex of their baby is. Amber is due October 4th. I'm sad I will be missing the first 3 months of baby, but I'm so excited to bear the new title!!! WHOOP!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment