Everything has been going pretty well. English classes have been pretty fun. With the group at church, I was able to teach the first day using the C.S. Lewis quote about "Lord, Liar or Lunatic." I was sure to give them strictly an English class, and as they translated together in groups, I could see the wheels turning in their heads. I heard a couple of them say it was realy interesting. The following day, I taught using two parables. I used the parable of the seeds and I'm hoping that these little treasures they are finding will fall on rich soil! I'm excited to see them learning, and they thank me for helping them. It makes my day when they tell me I'm a good teacher.
Wednesday night, I spent the night at Rod's again because no one was at my house in the evening. So I hung out with the Fry's, Alberto and another family from the church. Then we played Settlers of Catan, until late, so I stayed there on the comfy couch to not be out late.
Early Thursday morning, I met with Abigail and another friend from the gym, and after doing a few exercises, we went to hike up the "Cerro del Elefante" (the elephant hill). I got to go last year, but this time we went a different path. Once we were up there, we ran to every corner and got to see all around. It was so beautiful. Perfect place to spend with God! When we got back down, we ran back to the gym. I'm a little sore today, partly from the hike, partly b/c Abi's been working me hard at the gym every morning.
Classes with her have been going well. She¿s learning quickly and practices a lot. When we're done with class, I had the chance to hang out with her and her sons. I can't say enough times how awesome and uplifting it is for me to be with her.
In a few minutes, I'm going to go with my sister, Ale, to DF, or the city. She's going to take me to do some sight-seeing. We'll see what the plan is.
Until then, I'm out. Thanks again for staying updated. Hope all is well. Dios te bendiga (God bless you!).
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're both really good at Settlers so I'm sure that wasn't a problem. Praying for you.
Post a Comment