This week has been filled with so many blessings as I prepare for my trip to Mexico as well as my trips this year. The main reason I decided to not go to France this past semester was financial. I didn’t want to have to take out that much money through loans. I got scared. But I think God was asking me to work hard, and do my best to give my part, and He’d meet me there. It was a very hard semester, trying to balance that much work and school at the same time. However, just this week, I received news of two scholarships that I have received for my fall semester. They also told me of a federal loan that I qualify for. I feel so much relief from the pressure and fear of having to take out alternate loans. God is meeting me, and He’s giving me peace! I know that this visa situation will turn out in His timing. He’s sovereign as He shows me time and again.
On top of that, I was walking in the parking lot at church, and I saw a good friend of mine, who incidentally supported me last summer when I went to Mexico, and when she found out I was going back, without hesitating, she wrote me a check for spending money then and there! WOW! I hadn’t asked for support, but God is providing for my needs!
Okay, so one more. Today, I went to go say goodbye to sweet friends I met here that are from Honduras. It was so sad to say goodbye because they are moving back to Honduras soon. But as always, it was so special to be with them. This time it was so amazing. Roberto’s mother was there too, and they were all encouraging me and letting me know that they’d be praying for my trips. We joined hands, and they all prayed for me. Then his mother said she wanted to be a part of my ministry and she gave me money as well and told me that she would be praying for me. I know this woman is a prayer warrior, and I feel so honored that knowing that she will be serving me through faithful prayers.
2 comments:
Missy -
praying for your flight...and hoping that it was smooth and on-time...and that at 2:57pm you're in the presence of your 'other family'!
I miss you already Missy...but am thankful you have this great opportunity.
lots more prayers will follow in the days ahead,
Pam
missy!
just wanted to let you know i am prayin for ya this summer. lookin forward to the updates.
-stevo
Post a Comment