Tuesday, March 18, 2008

God is good...what more can i say?

This semester, summed up in one word: Intense. I'd have to admit, this has probably been the most challenging semester of college yet. That doesn't mean it's been a bad one, it's just been challenging. As far as school goes, I'm taking 15 hours, which I've done before, but my classes are getting tougher. I'm enjoying getting to dig into my major more, but once you get into upper-level classes, it's not exactly as laid back anymore. I'm taking two economics classes (International Trade Theory and Policy, and Economic Development) and introduction to marketing and intro to accounting and a sociology class (International Business Behavior). So they are all related to business/ international commerce somehow. That is really cool to me, I'm learning a lot, and enjoying it too!...for the most part...
The first round of tests was probably the roughest I've ever had it. In the course of a week (Thursday-Wednesday) I had all 5 tests. During the first week of it, I was scheduled to work 30hrs at Kohl's and the second week, like 25hrs. Half-way through the exams, we found out that my grandmother has pancreatic cancer and my parents had to fly out to Syracuse, NY to be with her. It was really hard to focus on school with so much going on, but God definitely blessed me with peace and I felt His presence through it all. (Fast-foward a bit: Grandma is out the hospital for the second time, and has been moved to a hospice home. She is loving it there and they are treating her very well. I have also had the chance to write her a letter to thank her for the legacy she has left me. I am so blessed to have a heritage of bondservants!!!)
I've definitely been learning dependence on the Lord. He's helped me stay afloat through everything! I also decided to lead a Bible study at my church this semester called "Essentials of Discipleship." I can't say how much of a blessing this has been to me. I was really nervous about having to commit to this, but I have seen the Lord revealing to me since day one that this is where He wants me to serve this semester! Every Tuesday I come home so encouraged by the time I get to spend studying the Word with these girls!!! (Tonight's one of those nights!) I'm looking forward to spending at least four more weeks studying and discussing with these girls.
Spring break was wonderful. I can't say how ready I was for a break from school! The first weekend I got to just rest: sleep in, watch t.v., go to a baseball game, do a whole lot of nothing. It was AWESOME! I haven't done that in a while. Then through Thursday, I worked 36hrs at Kohl's and about 6hrs at Grace. Stayed productive!
Friday I followed my Dad to East Texas, and drove my Mom to spend the weekend with my brother David and his wife Amanda (and my neph-dog Riley). We had a wonderful time together. Got to celebrate his birthday. And I was excited when we went to Shreveport, Louisiana on the spur of the moment on Saturday.
It was good to have some family time, especially with Dave and Amanda, as I haven't seen them since before Christmas...sad.
Now I'm back to school, nose to the grind. No tests this week, but next week I have two. Maybe if you see this before then, you can shoot up a little prayer to the Big Guy. Hope all is well with you!

OH, great news! I'm going to be an AUNT!!! WHOOP! Daniel and Amber are 11 weeks pregnant! SO exciting!

No comments: