This morning I got to sleep-in since everyone in the house was off to work or the last day of school. After some packing, I went into town to meet up with some friends for lunch, some last minute shopping and one last hike up the Bastille. The weather was gorgeous! Perfect for a lovely hike! It was a great activity before our sad good-byes. I'm going to miss my friends, but I'm thankful for technology that allows me to stay close to people all over!
While I was heading home, I stopped to say good-bye to my neighbors who invited me to a little "aperitif." It was so nice of them to have me in on the spot!
Once I got home, I quickly prepared a Tex-Mex meal for my host-family of Taco Salad. We ate with the light of candles...ambiance and everything! I was soooo nervous that they wouldn't like it or that something would go wrong, but they loved it. My host-sister, Violain, who never takes seconds, did and she kept complementing me on it. My host-mom was excited to not have to cook and she was very pleased with the results. My host-dad was a bit skeptical, and in the end, I don't know how he felt about it...but Laure seemed to be pleasantly surprised.
We had a little gift exchange. I got a bath towel with my name stitched on it in French (by my host-mom), a Christmas ornament (made of chocolate!) and some lavender soap. That was very special and unexpected!
Well, I'm off to bed before I start my two-day trip home. Ready or not, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment