After babysitting Thursday and having a great time with the girls, I went to our end of the program dinner and shared a delicious French meal with the friends I've met and gotten to know this semester. I'm very blessed to have been put in this group.
Also, this weekend we had such beautiful weather, I went on a little hike with Alice and Megan. Just high enough to see the sun hitting on the white mountains and white Grenoble...BEAUTIFUL. I'm going to miss those afternoon hikes.
Saturday after four and a half hours of testing, and after the wonderful hike, my "host-grand-parents" had me and my host-family over for a traditional "aperitif" (pre-dinner drink) as a way to say good-bye. I enjoyed the time with them, and I wish I could take my "host-grandma" home with me. She is so cute. When we came home for dinner, I impersonated her at the dinner table and we were all laughing pretty hard.
I've had some pretty good family time with my host-family. We're all enjoying each other enough to have a good laugh more frequently.
Sunday, after a wonderful church service (with Christmas carols and the children's special and everything), my host-dad's brother and his family were over for lunch. Yet another enjoyable time with them.
Today I had my literature final, and I think it went well. Tomorrow I have my Translation final...can't really prepare for that one. Wednesday is History, Thursday is Art History, and then I'm done! Wow...I guess I need to get packing. That will probably get done when I'm supposed to be studying.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment