Friday, May 25, 2007

i´m alive!


Well, I´m sorry for keeping some of you waiting, but I really haven´t had a chance to post on my blog. I arrived well in Mexico on Tuesday. My flight was delayed a few hours, but I was greted warmly by a group of seven people. I have gotten to know them quite well the past few days.
My host family is REALLY nice! I have gotten along really well with them. They have made me feel at home here. My host-parents are Fabiola and Arnulfo. My sister´s name is Alejandra. She is 15 years old and we get along really well. They are not believers as of yet, However, they are very open and beginning to get involved. I know that the Lord is working in their lives. Please pray with me that God will use me as a tool to bring them to Him. They will be coming with me to church and hopefully to some Bible studies.
Wednesday was my first day to help Brigam (the guy working here for a few weeks from upstate NY) with the English class. We´ve had quite a few attendees. It is a lot of fun for me. I really enjoy teaching people languages, so this is a great opportunity. We have lessons 7 days a week. And believe me, the people are eager to learn. I´ve even gotten my host-mom and sister to come and learn. Fabiola, my host-mom was studying before we came come this evening. I´m so proud!!!
Today I went to the women´s Bible study after English class. I had a wonderful time. The ladies are all very sweet. They actually recruited me on the spot to accompany Mayra, the missionary´s wife, to play the guitar and sing for worship. I didn´t know all the songs, but I did what I could. Soon I´ll be going to Mayra´s and she´s going to teach me the songs for the following week.
Well, I´m off for now. Thanks again for your love and encouragement. God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missy,

I am so thankful for the way God put it all together! I will definetely be praying for your new family!

We love you and miss you, but are so glad He is using you.

mom