Well, I leave for Mexico in a week, and it hasn't started to click until this week. Yesterday I started buying some of the little things (band-aids, hand sanitizer, medicines, etc.) that I will be needing. I think at that point was when the next two months started becoming a reality to me. Then I went to check my e-mail, and I received a message from Mr. Rod (the CAM missionary that's working in Ixatapaluca, Mexico). He was sending me a few more of the details of the trip, and as soon as I confirm a few things, I will fill you in on them.
I have been greatly encouraged by the words of many who have asked me about my trip. This past week, I've been going through some of the material that I will be teaching to women while I'm there. Honestly, as I thought about it more, all I could think of was, "What in the world have I gotten myself into?! I'm going to be teaching women older than I am?!... in SPANISH?!" But the Lord is sovereign and He has shown me through the encouragement of others that He can use me, especially if I am willing. As I type this, I am praying for a heart of faithfulness and passion in service.
On a more, um, frantic note. Well, for some time now, I've been looking for my passport and cannot find it. "UH!-OH" is right! I made an appointment last week to get the express thing this coming Friday (4 days before my trip). So as embarrassing (for some stupid reason called pride) as this is for me, I ask that you pray with me that I will have peace as I seek the Lord's hand in all of this and not grow frustrated, but rather understand what I can learn from my Father in this. (And at least my closet is clean now that I've searched through it and cleaned it out.)
Anyway, I will hopfully post a few more times before I leave next week (Lord willing). God bless you all. Thanks for your love andfe support!!!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment