The info I received from my program before arriving was as follows:
This family consists of a mother Evelyne, a father Xavier and their 5 children. Anne-Cécile (28), Astrid (26), Alexis (23), and Violaine (19) no longer live at home. Laure (14) is the only one living at home. She has mild Down syndrome, but is very capable to talk, understand, and she loves to joke around! Evelyne is a school supervisor and Xavier is a librarian in a catholic bookstore. They are always home in the evenings and usually the weekends. This is a very “classic” French family meaning that they love family gatherings, eating large meals, and going to mass on Sundays. You will be staying in a large house in a suburb of Grenoble. You will have your own private bedroom with all the necessary furniture. There is the bus # 9 (connects you to the Tram stop “Grand Sablon”) and #31 bus that you can take to get to class or downtown Grenoble. This family is very kind and welcoming.
This weekend Violaine will be coming over, and I’m looking forward to meeting her and hopefully chatting with her a bit. I’ve enjoyed hanging out with Laure some. She loves to play board games with me, to dance Waltz and “Rock ‘n Roll” (swing dance), and to watch French films.
My host-parents are so kind. Everyday they want me to share about my day and I love hearing them talk to each other. I’m improving my comprehension day-by-day, but our conversation gets on pretty well. Hopefully in a few months I’ll be able to speak more fluently.
Here are a few pics of ma famille, of ma maison (my house) et of mes voisins (neighbors) whom I played soccer with on Sunday. A bientot!
No comments:
Post a Comment