Classes are going well, at the moment. I think my hardest class is probably going to be my translation course. WOW! Pretty intense! But I can tell that this is what I need if I want to bring my French to a professional level. Right now I’m pretty proud with my ability communicate, I see the improvement already, little by little. It’s encouraging, even thought there are moments where I feel like I should go back to French 1.
I have had many laughs with my inabilities to communicate certain ideas. For example, last night, I was trying to explain “ground beef” to my host-family because I didn’t know the word. About five minutes after the matter, my host-mom finally got it. All the way through we had a good laugh as they were trying to guess what I was trying to explain.
Usually, at night, when I notice that I see my host-parents’ mouths moving, but my mind is not processing the words, I know it’s time for me to go to bed.
This Friday, the school is having a BBQ to get the French students and International students to intermingle. I’m looking forward to that this weekend.
P.S. Babysitting went really well. The girls are well behaved and very helpful. Not difficult at all! I still find it wild how I land these jobs!
1 comment:
Just saying, I totally feel you on this one. Especially the part about seeing your host family's lips move but not being able to comprehend parce que on est trop fatigue... bon courage.
Post a Comment