Spanish is going well. Week one down, one more to go. I give props to these interns. They are being worked hard in and out of class!!! Pray that we will make the most of this last week of the course. Pray also that God would continue to teach through me in order to better equip them for the ministry laid out before them.
In the afternoons, we have been doing a Basketball Camp with the kids from the neighborhood. Initially about 30 were coming, but the group has increased to at least 50 and growing. What is most awesome about this is that many parents come to watch their kids and are witnessing the the outreach of the church. I've worked with the littlest ones and have fallen in love with each of them. They are absolutely precious.
Friday night, my host-sister and her family were spending the night because she, her husband and a friend went to a youth conference early Saturday. It was so great to be with her like old times. We stayed up late, talking, giggling, crying, and catching up on life until about 4.30am. I felt bad for her...she had to be up an hour later. Pray for her, she's going through a lot in life and she needs the Lord's strength now more than ever!!!
Time with the interns here has been really sweet. We are getting closer each day, and I am so encouraged by their lives. I'm so blessed at the opportunity to develop new friendships founded in Him. We have so much fun together!!! It's awesome :)
Yesterday we took a trip up to the "Paso de Cortéz," between two volcanoes (Iztaccíhuatl and Popocateptl). It was a great time to just hang out and have fun in God's beautiful creation. We even got to zipline! -Dad, I finally learned how to "chiflar"...David, "you want me to whistle as loud as I can?!" :)-
Week two brings the end of the Spanish course as well as a trip to the Pyramids, an amusement park and a mini-debrief on what we have been processing thus far. Thanks again for your prayers and I leave you with some pictures. Enjoy!









2 comments:
So glad to hear you are feeling better! Thanks for keeping us posted through your blog. mom and dad
great pictures and blog Missy, it looks and reads like you are having a lot of fun and learning loads too, although the writing on the whiteboard in the last photo is sloping quite badly :0)
Post a Comment