Saturday, most of the students in the group got together for lunch at Megan’s house in Montbonnot, another suburb of Grenoble, to celebrate one of the girls’ birthday. We had a wonderful time together, very relaxing. Monbonnot is a bit higher up, so there was a beautiful view. That morning it had snowed on the mountain tops, so we got to see it from where we were: spectacular!
That evening, before going to bed, I got to talk to Mom, Dad, David and Amanda. It was good to talk to them and hear their voices. I’ve been getting several bouts of homesickness these days, lots going on here and home that makes me think a lot. But in the whole, things are well, and I am truly enjoying my time here! Trying to make the most of it.
Sunday, Megan and I wanted to try out a church nearby, but when we got there, the English service was just getting out and we saw no one for the French service. So we asked and apparently they were on a retreat. Oh well, we’ll have try again next time. We went back to Megan’s to talk, watched her home church’s sermon online, and ate leftover pasta from Saturday’s party.
From her place, I went into town to meet two French girls and a couple American girls I met at the BBQ a few weeks back. We went to the Musee de Grenoble.
I’ve got two exciting things to share. One is that tonight I’m going to try going to this Choral on campus with a few classmates. We’ll see after tonight if it will work out for me, given transportation issues in the evening. However, I’m still excited to give it a go.
Second, last night I just booked tickets to go to Barcelona, Spain from November 14-16 with two girls in my program. I can’t wait!!! I know it’s still a bit away, but time is flying (scary) and I know it will be here sooner than I know. I’m trying to figure out about other trips this semester, I already feel like time is running out…this is crazy!
P.S. Leaves are changing around, and I’m loving the colors!!!
Pictures:
1-Astrid (host-sister) and her sons Theophane and Anselme
2-View from Megan’s street with fall trees and the Chartreuse Mountains
3-Most of the girls from the API group on Saturday
4-Snow at the top of the Belledonne Mountains
No comments:
Post a Comment