Yet another wonderful weekend in France. After class on Friday, I went in to town for lunch with some friends. We sat outside in a park and enjoyed the beautiful weather over some delicious Italian pasta and a Nutela crepe. Friday evening was very relaxing with my host-family. Saturday morning, my program had a schedule trip to Annecy. Annecy is the “Venice of the Alps,” and it is a cute little town in the heart of the Alps, between Switzerland and Italy. There is a gorgeous lake there that is has the purest water in Europe. We were really blessed to have amazing weather while we were there. After our tour, we took a pedal-boat for about 45mins and were surrounded be the beautiful mountains. Back in town, was the big traditional festival, marking the day that the milking cows come down from the mountains for winter. So interesting to see all the people, colors, animals, traditions, foods and music.
Sunday, after church (I went to a new church, nearer to home, and really liked it!), my friend Arielle came over for lunch with my host-family, who later took us up the Chartreuse to visit a museum and a reproduction of the monastery. It was so gorgeous riding up the mountain-side with all the fall colors. The monastery is closed off to the public, but from the outside it was very impressive!
Upon arriving home, I quickly changed so that I could meet up with my neighbors for the Sunday soccer match. I’m excited to say that our team won this week, but I’m more excited to say I scored a goal (WHOOP!).
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment