Tuesday, October 21, 2008

update

Yet another weekend, come and gone. Now it’s back to school for me. I think if I were back in the US, I’d have a right to complain, and I’d probably jump on it, but I’m enjoying it here. I do have 3 midterms this week, but I’m not really stressed about them, as I would be in Texas. I’m enjoying my classes, so no biggie.
Friday, afternoon, I headed into town with a few friends, had crepes, went shopping, and for dinner went to an Indian restaurant. One of the Aggies’ here had family in town this weekend, so several of us went to meet them and hang out at the “Couche Tard” (means “go to bed late”).
Saturday morning, I got to rest. I did a little readying and studying for the coming week. When my host-sister came back with her mom, she and I began to watch “La Melodie de Bonheur” (aka Sound of Music). We had lunch outside, on the back porch. They headed out again for a while, so I sat outside to read. Enjoying the lovely weather before it gets cold. In the evening, I headed over to my friend Megan’s place for a crepe party. We eventually became pretty successful crepe-chefs. Another girl (Katherine) and I spent the night with Megan.
Sunday morning, Megan, another student (Jenn) and I took the bus to go to church. It was good to be there with believers. I enjoyed singing praise and worship songs I know from the back home in French. We also had some good time of prayer.
After lunch, I went with my host-mom and sister on a walk near here. We visited an old monastery, a vineyard and followed this trail that led to a beautiful view of the city! We came home and played a new board-game Laure got.
This weekend, Laure asked me if I knew the song “I Will Follow Him,” because she has to learn it for her music class. This gave me the opportunity to introduce my host-family to YouTube and to Sister Act. Granted, my host-parents had seen the movie before, but Laure hadn’t and she loved the video. I think she watch it about 15 times all day. My host-mom, Evelyne, wanted me to teach her how to find it again in the future. What cracked me up was seeing them laughing and Evelyne telling Laure that they’re not real nun and they don’t really dance like that.
No soccer today, I think people may have been out of town or something. Either way, I got to take a nice nap and got to skype with family in Texas. Good to see and talk to everyone and their dog (literally).

1 comment:

MmeSimon said...

This reads like an excerpt from our French texts.. you are really LIVING what most students just read about.. :)

Mme Simon