Ale and I didn´t get to go to DF, when I came home, Fabi´s twin was here with her son Daniel. So We had dinner together and by the time Ale and I got ready to go out, it was too late to go that far and come back at a decent hour. So we called a few people and went out bowling. We had a blast the five of us. After that, Rod called me to invite us to go to watch SpeedRacer with him, his kids and a few others. Of the five of us, only Ale and I went to meet up with them. We came home pretty late, but we were okay because Rod brought us home.
Then yesterday, a group of us went to the church for a service project. We help paint one of the downstairs rooms with the youth, my host-mom and a few other people. Right after lunch, Brigam invited us all (the youth) to go four-wheeling. Let me just say that after that hour, you couldn´t even recognize us. We were brown, covered in dust. I had dirt EVERYWHERE!!!...even in my mouth! We got a little banged up, but we definitely had a blast!!! I think about 16 of us all crammed in Rod´s van for that one.
When I got home and took a nice warm shower ;), Fabi´s sister was here with her two sons. I stayed home and we all hung out and I got to talk to them some. Please be praying for this family, Mayra and the oldest son, Bryan´s hearts are very hardened. Daniel´s heart seems to be more open and he´s more willing to go to church and talk.
In a few minutes, Fabi and I are going to dinner at her sisters. Hopefully I´ll get the chance to share God´s love and grace with them.
I'm using the internet at home...so I better get off soon. Dios les bendiga!
P.S. I just have to make a note to praise God about the change I´ve seen in my family in a year. Truth and Scripture is frequently quoted at home. There´s much encouragement to participate in church activities, love others with Christ´s love, etc. Even my relationship with my host-dad is a lot more warm. He and I crack jokes together and we´ve all played board games, watched movies and done things like htat together. I can feel the love of Christ in this home. YAY!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Missy, sounds like you are having lots of fun. I'm really happy for you. I miss talking to you. I do need to call you but i'm worried that you'll be too busy and that i won't catch you. Well we miss you here and love you!, even Riley!.
-David
Post a Comment