Monday, June 9, 2008

time flies...

Last Wednesday, Rod, Brigam, Alberto and I went to DF to welcome the team of 4 interns that will be ministering in Mexico this summer. Only one of the girls, Crystal, did I know from last summer. She will be the girl leader for the team and Jonatan will be coming down next week as the guy leader. He was also an intern with me last summer. I´m looking forward to working with him again for a few weeks.
Anyway, the orientation time and sight-seeing was very refreshing. I was very encouraged by the new faces and it was really fun to go to some places I´d been and new ones too.
Friday we said goodbye to Brigam who went back to Buffalo after being here 5 months. I´m sure it´s going to be quite an adjustment back to the US after being away for so long.
Friday night, Alberto and I had to start preparing the lesson for the youth group on Saturday. It was a bit last minute, but Rod was a bit overwhelmed with things to do, so we helped lighten the load a little. To be honest, I was very hesitant, b/c I´ve never actually worked with youth. I guess it´s just an intimidating age group for me. We finished preparing on Saturday afternoon, took a nap and took off. Few kids showed up, but it went well...much better than I expected. I think Alberto and I may have learned more from it than the kids did, but God´s Word was not spoken in vain.
Sunday after church, I went with Ale and her cousin Bryan (I mentioned him in the last post) to a museum and then we met up with Fabi, her sister another nephew to go watch Ale´s semi-final football (that´s american football) game. They won and it was so exciting. After going to Fabi´s sister´s for dinner, we came home late. Throughout the day, I had a couple of chances to share the gospel with Bryan and he commented how he noticed something different in the way I live my life, and he suspects that it´s because I have Christ. Please continue praying for him and for all of this family!!!
In a few minutes I'm off to the church to teach English. I´m going to have to wing it...as usual, haha! But I usually can pull it off, we´ll see how it goes.
Alright, have a great week. Thanks and gig ´em!

No comments: