Monday, July 2, 2007

the say i talk like a chilanga (from Mex. City)

I'm definitely seeing the Lord's sovereign hand working here!
The bus ride wasn't to bad. The whol trip was about 7.5 hrs. I only slept a total of 20 mins or so. When we got to Guadalajara, we met the pastor, Fernando Amezcua and his family. Then we went to our host-homes. Our family is really fun and very sweet. They are a strong Christian family, very involved in the church, especially in the music ministry. They have four daughters, Karime (10), Ania (7) and Dani (6). I'm living in their home along with three other girls. They have a really nice home.
I feel like, until this afternoon, we have been going non-stop. I was so exhausted, this afternoon I took a 2 hour nap, and it was AMAZING! Praise the Lord. I'm serious, I really needed it (for bothe mental and physical reasons).
We pretty much spend all day, from 8am, at the church facility. It can get exhausting, so please pray for strength, energy and patience. Today was our first day of English class. We are going from about 9.30am-1pm. It is a bit of a long day, but we have decided to break up the day into sessions and do music, games and snacks along with the class time. That has helped with the crowd control aspects. We're still trying to figure out the division of the groups, but today I worked with the only adult that showed.
Tomorrow, after English class, we are going to work at an orphanage for about four hours and again on Thursday. Like I said, they've got us pretty busy here. But it's all good, and at the end of the day, we feel accomplished. As we have been studying recently, please pray that we would only boast in the Lord and in His mighty power!
One last prayer request, it has been a bit hard for me to part from the church and my host-family from Ixtapaluca. I think about them often. I'm so grateful I will get to see them again before I leave, but it's hard to be away from them. I think about them often. It's also hard to not compare ministry here to there. Please pray for contentment in ALL circumstances!
I cannot thank you enough for all your love and prayers. I have been so encouraged by you all! God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy,
Happy Birthday! It's the Big 20! Getting old like the rest of us. Soon you'll be having all the aches and pains. We love you and miss you and we wish we could celebrate with you. See you soon.

-David & Amanda