Thanks so much for your prayers. Friday went so well. Class was great, and we all had a really fun time. We laughed so hard. The children's program was so cute and they all did really well. The parents were very proud.
We had a few hours to rest and pack. When we got back to the church, it was all decorated beautifully with all this Mexcian decorations. The program went really well, many people came to bid us farewell. It was a very special time. Then, we all headed to the bus station and our bus left at 1am. I got more rest this time, about 4 or 5hrs. So that was so much better.
Saturday afternoon, when we got into Mexico City, four of us took a taxi to the airport to meet Rod so he could take us back to Ixtapaluca. I was greeted by my host-sister and her cousin. That was so sweet.
I had an AMAZING time back there. It was wonderful getting to see so many of my friends from the past two months again. Saturday night there was a birthday party for one of the host-dads. That was cool because, first of all, it was another pachanga (party), and second, because it was a great way to see so many people again.
Afterward, we went out for quesadillas one last time.
Today, church was so great. I was very encouraged. It was definitely a bit bittersweet, so hard to say goodbye to everyone. When we went home, I hungout with my Alejandra and a friend. Then Abigail came over and my host-parents came back from the market. Abi brought me gifts and it was so hard to say goodbye to her. Rod came to pick me up, I really didn't want to go.
The thought that comforts me is that I get to go home and see family and friends, but my little heart is breaking. Please pray for me.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment