Monday, June 18, 2007

a true public profession

What an amazing experience! The Lord is GOOD and it is evident in the lives of these believers. We drove out to a public swimming area about an hour from here. When we got there, we started the morning with worship, our church together with a sister church. Then those who were going to get baptized shared their testimonies. That was so moving, I cannot tell you! It was so amazing to see how the Lord has worked in the lives of these people. One of the most moving testimonies was of my friend Abi. It was so cool to see that she has stood out to her friends and they have asked her what is different in her life, what is she into? And all she can tell them is, she's into God. It was amaing to see the tears streaming down her face because of her passion for the Lord. Afterward, the drama team shared their skit and the music team played the song. From what we hear, they were very impacting. Many people were moved to tears, and later, after an invitation, a few people placed their faith in Christ alone for the forgiveness of their sins. Praise GOD!
Once the baptisms were over, we hung out in the pools and had so much fun. I love how the whole church family gets along just like a family. We had so much fun swimming, jumping off the diving boards and going down the slides numerous times doing crazy fun things. I had a blast. Toward the end, i had the opportunity to give some swimming lessons to a few of my Mexican friends. I had so much fun! By the end of the day, one of them was able to swim all by himself and the others had improved a lot. How cool!!!
This morning it was my turn to share the devotional on 2 Corinthians 3:7-18. I think it went really well. This passages really spoke to me personally, especially verse 12. (Look it up!!!) It has given me a renewed desire to be passionately convinced of the truth, so much that i can't help but speak with boldness, sincerity and confidence. I just hope that my heart overflowed that lesson into everyone present. After reading verse 18, it was all cool to hear the testimonies of some of the interns of how God is transforming them and showing his glory in a real way, near and in their lives. Way cool! (That was for you Marsha and JoJo!)
English class went well, and then afterward, some people stayed to watch "High School Musical" while some of us went to help babysit the Fry's kids.
When I got home, I had a great time chatting with my sister about everything under the sun. But the coolest thing was when she asked me about how my devotional went and I shared about the passage with her. I love that she is thirsting. Please continue to pray for that. Also that we both may take verse 12 to heart and speak with confidence and sincerity to her mom, that our passion may overflow endlessly.
So it's only been a couple of days, but I still managed to write a long post. Again, I thank you for your love, encouragement and prayers. It means so much. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,

My heart is full! What else can I say PTL

I see that you are also learning some typical expressions.

We love you,

mom