Well, yet again, I've taken long to update, but I want you all to know that I am well. I have recovered from my stomach issues completely. Things are rolling well. I have a little cold, but it's so easy to get medicine here, that I feel fine all drugged up.
I remembered what I had done of significance last week that I couldn't remember last post. One evening, one of my best Mexican friends, Abigail (I've mentioned her numerous times), took me out to teach me how to drive a standard. little did i know, i would have quite an audience. some friends were coming our way and joined us in the car. that made me a little more nervous, but it was fun too. Anyway, now I have an idea of how to do it, but I definitely need practice to keep me from stalling in the future.
We've been up to a lot recently. Wednesday, we woke up early and hike up el "cerro del elefante" (elephant hill). It was a bit exhausting, Yet it was so cool to be up there and look down to our town. After English class, we had a birthday party for Rod's oldest son and then a surprise going away party for Brigam. That evening, he came over to my host-home to say good-bye to my family. It was so moving for me to be there because I had to translate for them. I must say, that was a cool experience to see how much both parties had been impacted by each other. So cool how the Lord works even through the obstacles of language.
Thursday, after the devotional, my host-sister, Mauricio (a church friend) and I accompanied Rod to taking Brigam to the airport. My host-mom insisted in meeting us there. It was good to hang out all of us as a group again one last time before he left. When we got back, after English class, the church rented a soccer court for two hours. The women (some from the team and some from the church) played for the first hour and then the men played. It was so much fun!!! Our team won, it was a close game. 6-5. Them men's game was a little sorry with the soccer settled at 16-6. Right after the game, we all headed over to Mauricio's home and celebrated his birthday. That was so cool! I could live this life, partying it up all the time! :)
Yesterday was a good day, with much excercise, a great devotional and good times haning out. One of the interns, Crystal, found out that a close friend of hers back home in California past away after a serious accident. She was a bit bummed and spent all morning by herself, with the Lord and resting. After English class, some of us wanted to go to the movies, so Crystal came along. We all had a great time. Afterward, I noticed she was still bummed, so I she spent the night at my house. It worked out for the both of us because she needed to be with some one and just hang out, and my host-family had gone to visit relatives and din't get home until late. Crystal and I had some really good conversations last night. The Lord is good. Please continue to pray for her and for her loved ones back home.
This morning we woke up early to help the church with their campaign to clean up the community from 10am-2pm. We all wore t-shirts that say "Haz lo mismo en tu vida" (do the same in you life). We got some pretty interesting reactions from the community, mostly good.
The interns have formed to servant teams, one is drama and the other music. I have been asked to sing and play guitar in the music team. I'm glad there are two other guitars and everyone else is there to sing. We had our rehearsal for tomorrow. The drama team is performing a skit, so they requested the song "Hungry" in Spanish to go along with it. Tomorrow church will be held about an hour from here because we are having baptisms. I'm looking forward to witnessing that and to seeing the servant teams in action. I'm also looking forward to finally swimming, the weather has been so warm, I'm ready for some H2O.
I have a praise. I've been a bit lazy in making time for my devotionals, and I find myself blaming it on not having alone time, knowing that I can't make that time if I really tried. Well, the other day, my host-sister encouraged me and we both had a devotional together. It's been great seeing her grow and change so many things. PRAISE GOD! Please continue to pray for her growth, her family's salvation, and my passion and diligence.
Thanks again for all the love and encouragement. God bless you!!!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you feel better!! I love you, and I am continually amazed about the wonderful things you are doing and seeing down there. You are an amazing woman of God and I am so impressed with you. Thank you for always including specific ways that I can pray for you, I like knowing what to pray for. I love you, have a great week!!!
Post a Comment