Well, today was the first day in ages that I was able to sleep in!!! But since my body has gotten used to early mornings, I kept waking up at ever hour, so I finally got up at 9am. At least I'm rested!
Yesterday was such a great day! We had our morning devotional, which went really well. (By the way, thank you so much to those of you who have been praying for my personal time with the Lord. It has been so much better recently. I've found the perfect time to be alone with Him. Recently I've been eating breakfast alone, just because it works out that way, so I've taken advantage of that time. I feel soooo much better! Thanks!) We finished our devotional early, so a fellow-intern, Braeden (she's a girl, many people get thrown off by the name), my host-sister and I went to go work out. After lunch, I took a quick shower and off to English class. I had two girls, and I am so proud of how much they have improved in a month! We were reading a children's Disney book together yesterday.
Right after English class, we walked over to a sister in the church's home, where she had a tarp set up for the children's club. This is an opportunity to teach the children Bible stories, verses and songs while having fun playing games and stuff. We had a great time with the children. This club is Tue, Wed and Thurs. I think the children are really enjoying this. It was started up last Saturday by Jonathan, a fellow-intern originally from the Dominican Republic but lives in Boston. He is perfect for these kids. Reminds me of Dorothy Rempel, a woman that directed Vacation Bible Schools in Costa Rica.
After the club, we took public vans up to Acozac, the place where the girls' sleep-over was, to celebrate Bill's birthday. We had fun cooking hotdogs and s'mores over the bonfire, singing songs, tossing the football, and just hanging out like we usually do.
This past year, ever since last summer, God has been teaching me so much about what the Great Commission is really about. It's not about making converts of all nations, it's about making disciples. That lesson has really hit home here. I think that is why I'm loving the ministry here, because it's all about relationships! Even though we have few official responsibilities (English class, VBS, etc) we are always doing something, we are building friendships that have an eternal impact. It has been so cool to encourage and be encouraged by people while just spending time with them. LIving life with them. What a blessing! I'm glad Christ asked us to make disciples and not just converts, this is very fulfilling!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow this all sounds like so much fun! Its nice that you can take the time to keep us updated with all of this. Praying for you and your ministry.
-JB
Post a Comment