I've had a good past couple of days spending time with my host-family and with Megan too. Friday I made banana bread for my host-family (who insisted in calling it "cake"). After dinner, I went to Megan's to spend the night. Saturday I was productive and got caught up on homework. It was cool working at my desk looking out at the snow falling outside. This weekend is the first time it's snowed out my window here. Nothing major, but the first snow below the mountains. In the evening I went the a concert at a church downtown with my host-fam. I enjoyed the pieces, particularly the ones in French.
Sunday after church and after lunch, I went into town to the "Salon du Chocolat," where chocolate makers set up tables selling their goodies and there were a few chocolate sculptures as well...I thought I had died and gone to heaven. :)
This week I'm gearing up for my parents' visit. They get in on Wednesday, so after my morning class, I'm taking the next train to Paris and staying with them there for a few nights before we meet up with the group in Strasbourg (~4hrs East of Paris). It's so unreal to think they are coming! I haven't seen them in about 6 months!!! I'm pretty excited!
I had meant to post before, but last weekend I got to go to Barcelona and ABSOLUTELY loved it! I had a wonderful time in a Spanish-speaking country again. It was so beautiful. The weather was lovely. Everything was excellent. I would TOTALLY be up for going back one day, although I'd like to take my family, particularly Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment