As you may have figured by now, I'm back in College Station, TX. I've been back for 2 weeks now, and managing to keep myself busy. Maybe it helps me forget how much I miss Mexico from time to time. Saying goodbye was not easy, but it was really sweet getting to be there!
My flight went smoothly, I had no major hassles, so for that I am thankful. I was met up at the airport by my sister, Ale, and my two friends, Alejandro and Alberto. It was defintely great to spend a few last hours with them, but once it was time to say goodbye, I didn't want to let go of them. As I walked away with tears in my eyes, although I wasn't crying, my heart ached and still does because I left a piece of it with each of them.
Now I thank the Lord for the ease of communication through technology. I've been able to email, chat and even call a few times since I've been gone. It's great to be able to keep in touch with everyone still.
My welcome to Texas was sweet. My parents picked me up and took me out to dinner where Daniel and Amber surprised me by meeting us there. That was really cool!
It has been great getting to reconnect with people here again. I've been working back at the church a few hours a day.
Pretty soon one of my best friends is officially growing up...in my eyes....she's getting married! I'm so excited! This is crazy!
Anyway, thanks again for checking up on me and being interested in my trip. God bless!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WHHHHAAAAAATTTT? You're back? How come we haven't had lunch yet
Hey Missy,
I hope you won't stop updating you blog just because you're back in US. I'd really appreciate it if you post your updates here. In that way I can keep up with you. Couple of weeks ago I met with you parents and went for ICF and it was cool. Say Hi to them for me.
Post a Comment