Sunday, August 5, 2007

memories

I can't help but think of my time in Mexico all the time. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my good friends I've made there. The Lord is working wonders everyday.
My sister, Ale, is still growing immensely and her love for the Lord is burning. It is so encouraging for me to talk to her. I am so grateful for technology, that I can talk to her and communicate throught the Internet with her. I miss her very much. But the Lord is greater than distance and borders! Almost everytime we talk, email or chat, she asks for advice and encouragement. I thank the Lord for giving me wisdom and the words to speak.
I have a few real cool stories to tell before I share a few more pictures of my time there. A couple of nights ago, I was chatting over the Internet with Ale, and all of a sudden we decided to start going through the Essentials Bible study via Internet. I must say, it's not as easy as being in person and studying one-on-one, but regardless, this is something that still blows me away!!! I love that we don't have any time schedule to follow and this information is all new to her, so her excitement is so contagious!!! She is so thrilled, she wants to share everything she is learning with those around her!!! Praise God! Please be praying for her growth and for the continuation of this unique ministry.
The second story happened just a week ago today. My friend, Alberto, whom had become a believer last summer through the same internship program I worked with, was telling me he was going to be traveling with his brother for a family reunion. He wasn't exactly looking forward to it because he didn't have any other believers in the family, and it was always a hard experience to spend time with them. I encouraged him and told him I'd be praying for him.
That Monday, come to find out, his younger brother trusted Christ. Oh the excitement!!! He was so thrilled to tell me, "Now I can't say I'm not the only believer in my family!!" I pray that this is only a start of a great change in the lives of his family.

Anyway, this weekend was great! I went up to Dallas for the weekend to go to the wedding of some college friends. It was a beautiful ceremony and a great reunion!!! It's crazy to think that next weekend, I'm going to be in the wedding of my best-friend from college!!! This is so exciting and crazy! WHo said we had to grow up??? Haha...anyway, it was also a sweet weekend because I spend the weekend at Rachel Drennan's house, a girl that was on the internship in Mexico with me. So great to share memories together.

This is me and Alejandra. I miss this girl soooo much!!!



















This is Abigail and me after church. Sweet, sweet girl!!!
















My wonderful host-family the day I left the home.
Such a sweet family! I had a blast with them!
















Abigail, her two sons, Saul and Abraham,
and a friend, Alejandro, in her little store.
















My English class in Ixtapaluca, Mexico City.

1 comment:

The Osborne's said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time in Mexico.