Thursday, July 12, 2007

nachooooooooo!

Well, I can officially say that after this trip to Mexico, I have lived life!!! I've tried interesting foods, I've met amazing people, I've seen cool things, and Tuesday night I went with the team to watch Lucha Libre. It was definitely an experience! I wish my family had been there. Maybe some day, I'll have to come back and bring them with me to Mexico.
English classes have been going quite well. I feel like the students have learned a lot in two weeks. We have begun to prepare for Friday's "clausura" (closing ceremony). Each class will be performing something for their parents, we'll all sing "Forever," a contemporary Christian song in English. I'm so proud because today we had them sing it without any help, and they did so well!!! We're also going to share the wordless book and see if the kids can tell it, so it's more impacting for the parents. Please pray that the Lord will speak to the parents, especially the non-believers.
Please also pray for Friday. It's going to be a long day. After English class is the closing ceremony, then in the evening is our farewell activity. We are to be at the bus station at 12pm and our ride leaves at 1am. We are to arrive in Mexico City at 8am. I don't know what exactly will be going on on Saturday, but in the evening, I will be heading back to Ixtapaluca for the night. After church, I will be heading to D.F. I'm sad I can't stay longer, but I'm glad I'll get to see everyone at least once more.
I can't believe I've been here over 7 weeks. Time has flown by! I miss everyone back home, especially Mom and Dad. I will see you all soon!
Please be praying for my return, and reverse culture-shock. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I know being home will be amazing!!! I love you all! God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missy,

We look forward to having you back! Rascal is too! We are praying for your trip to Mexico City. Have a great time with the family there.

I can't believe you went to a restling match. I guess you didn't expect that to be part of your mission's trip!

We love you,

mom