Tuesday, July 10, 2007

continuamos con...

So, I had to leave for lunch, but I am back. Sorry for the confusing order and interruption. When we got back from eating out, there had been a terrible rainstorm, so the whole town had bad flooding. We got to the church, finally and thankfully (there were many cars and even trucks that got stranded in the streets), and the main hall had about 2 inches or so of water, the pastor's house next door was just as affected, the classrooms had about 5 or 6 inches. So it was crazy trying to work hard to get all the water out ASAP. I had fun though, even though it was a bit stressing. Afterward we finally got a chance to rehearse and then go home and I got to hear my host-parents' stories and testimonies. That was very special.
At church, I helped with some of the people from the team to sing worship. After the service, the church family all went to about 30 mins away to a family's home to eat and hang out. It was a great way to get to know some of the people from the church.
Yesterday, after English class, the pastor shared the church's missionary vision to the indigenous people of Oaxaca. It so cool to hear the church's heart. They are sending a group from the church of 7 people tomorrow to go minister there for a few days. Please pray for their 12 hr travels and safety while there!
I need to go for now. I've been on the computer for too long. Lord bless and keep you! Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are serving God and enjoying everything that He prepared for you. Your life is really interesting.

Anonymous said...

So did you go to the Lucha Libre? Did you see Nacho? Esqueleto? Ramsés? Did you buy one of those "helotes" on the stick? Did you see the "Anaconda squeeze" applied? I'll bet it was way cool, huh.

Love, Dad

P.S. Looking forward to having you back home again next Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot. A lady at the Adult Learning Center has parents who have a Korean restaurant on calle Américas(?) named Han Kong (or in Spanish, Jan Kong). Her name is Joy Beal (formerly Kim, naturally) She said go by and get a meal "on the house".

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

SISTERRRRRRRSITAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

hi! how are you?!?!?!!. all the people here are missing you!! ay hermanita , tengo tanto que contar!!! , a que no te imaginas todo lo que esta sucediendo por aca!!!
HAPPY CUMPLE!!! , well, well....i know its a little to late ... but la intencion es lo importante nop?? so.... que te la allas pasado muy bn que dios te alla bendecido en todo este tiempo y que lo siga haciendo!!! a ti y a toda tu family!!!! . Te esperamos !!! , que ya te queremos festejar!!!!1
te quiero mucho missy!!! DIOS TE BENDIGA!!1
TU SISTERSITA ALE!!

Anonymous said...

Missy!! Sorry I havent blogged much : ) Its great listening to what you have been up to - I hope the flooding and all has gone down now!! We have been having a bit of flooding in the UK at the moment!! Its great to read what you have been up to, sounds like a really exciting - challengin - blessed time : ) Love ya! God bless, jen x